When I was five years old, the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what Father Horne did to you." I kept the secret for 40 years. Today, I babble. - ke
*

In 2012

City of Angels Blog will be at http://cityofangels12.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lies Lies Lies, cries out the Bishop...

.
(No, Mr. Church Attorney, I'm not blogging. But now and then I see something in the news I want to share, I won't send it out to my lists, or promote it, and that's the damage you are trying to prevent, so don't get riled up over this post...)

You may agree with what the British bishop says in the link below, but it's too late, the Catholic messenger is no longer credible:

Catholic Bishop regales USA government re 9/11 "Lies Lies Lies"

Also here is a another hypocritical tidbit from recent news stories:

Archbishop Timothy Dolan's gay bashing letter to President Obama

re the "unchangeable meaning and nature of marriage as a communion of the sexes."

As my friend who emailed me the latter included:

Matthew 7:3
And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?

Matthew 7:4
Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye.

Matthew 7:5
Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Luke 6:41
And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?

Luke 6:42
Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye.

***

But, hey, those Scriptures are in the Bible, man, bishops and cardinals are already educated so why read the Bible, especially when they memorized it in college... Also, Catholic Church leaders have more important things to do, such as preparing for depositions, and meeting with private investigators they've hired to find ways to destroy pedophile priest victims. . .

Back into hiding I go.
.

No comments: