When I was five years old, the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what Father Horne did to you." I kept the secret for 40 years. Today, I babble. - ke
*

In 2012

City of Angels Blog will be at http://cityofangels12.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Catch 22 for Church, early insight at City of Angels

.
Just found this in a January 2008 post at City of Angels 4

Don’t sue us, says the Church, we'll pay out of court. Then only data on pedophile priests that Church counts is from lawsuits.

By Kay Ebeling, Monday, January 14, 2008

Only an omnipotent organization operating outside the law like the Catholic Church can carry out a Catch 22 like this: Archdioceses offer victims help with therapy as a way to "heal" without having to file lawsuits. Then when it cooks up its statistics on pedophile priests, the Church only counts successful lawsuits.

Catch 22.

The Jan 2008 post is here and references: "For example Sr. McNiff's chart in the LA Times, see January 8 post."

Reading my own stuff, trying to catch up with myself...
.
ke
.

No comments: